Ryan's hospital stay

By Cardon Family
May 10th Ry is finally comng home! Yeah!

So for those of you who are wondering why I haven't updated my blog in forever this is why. Our lives have been a little hectic. So to make a long story short for those who don't already know, Ryan was admitted to the hospital feeling great, the docs just wanted to do some tests on his liver because of some blood results that showed elevated liver enzymes. They did some tests and procedures and one of the procedures made him really sick. He ended up getting pancreatitis.... Then he got an infection and so on. He was in the hospital for 7 days. On the 6th day we were told that we would probably go home that next morning. He still wasn't doing all that great but the pancreatitis was gone and the infection was going away so they were going to send us home. At 3 in the morning that morning the nurse came in and told us that a liver was available that matched Ryan and that he was going to recieve a transplant that afternoon. We were shocked! We were up the rest of the night, he had to do a bunch of tests to get ready. He ended up going into surgerey at 5 and didn't get done until 2 in the morning. I was exhaused, I waited in the waiting room all that time. I'm so glad My mother in law was there with me. The surg went great there were no comlications. He stayed in the hospital for 10 days after his surgerey. He is home and doing well. We are so blessed the way everything happened and are so greatful to have such wonderful support from friends, family and our ward. Thanks everyone!
 

5 comments so far.

  1. melis May 29, 2008 at 8:20 PM
    I had no clue! I am so sorry...

    So glad that he is able to come home and be with you. You guys are in my toughts and prayers.

    XOXO
  2. The Hayes House June 5, 2008 at 9:28 PM
    Christina,
    I used to be the Liver Transplant Coordinator here at PCMC and worked closely with the team at LDS. The team there is GREAT and you couldn't be in better hands!! The details that Ashley has given me is just incredible!! It was meant to be that Ryan got his liver the way he did!!! You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything......please let me know!!

    Jen Hayes
  3. Jenny Wilson June 10, 2008 at 11:19 PM
    Hey ROO congrats on the new liver, I have heard things are going great. It has been a while since we have talked. Well keep on kepin on life is a garden dig it. Hi Christina I dont know if you remember me I am Regan, Matt and Roos friend take care of Roo. I like your blog.
  4. brian and thera tolman June 23, 2008 at 3:44 PM
    What a traumatic ordeal! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Glad that it all worked out. I wish you all the best and will keep you in our prayers.
  5. brian and thera tolman June 23, 2008 at 3:44 PM
    This comment has been removed by the author.

Something to say?